Veggie Meat is a great way to enjoy your favorite dishes without the unhealthy fats and cholesterol from real meat. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or just trying to eat healthier, these five recipes are sure to satisfy any craving.
1. Veggie Meat Chili: This hearty chili is a great way to get your protein and veggies in one dish. Simply sauté some onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery with your favorite veggie meat crumbles or cubes. Add in canned tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, and cumin for flavor. Simmer until everything is cooked through, and enjoy with some tortilla chips or a side of cornbread.
2. Veggie Meat Tacos: This easy-to-make Mexican dish is sure to be a hit! Just sauté onion, garlic, bell pepper, and veggie meat crumbles in a skillet with Mexican spices. Serve on warm tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite taco toppings.
3. Veggie Meat Shepherd’s Pie: Combine cooked potatoes, veggie meat crumbles or cubes, vegetables of your choice (such as carrots, celery, and peas), a dab of butter and some herbs to create the filling for this classic dish. Top with mashed potatoes and bake in the oven until golden brown.
4. Veggie Meat Lo Mein: This Chinese-inspired dish is a snap to make! Simply sauté onion, garlic, and your favorite veggies with veggie meat crumbles or cubes in a wok or skillet. Add cooked noodles, soy sauce, and sesame oil for flavor. Serve with some chopped green onion and enjoy.
5. Veggie Meat Enchiladas: Make these crowd-pleasing Mexican enchiladas by sautéing onion, garlic, bell pepper, and veggie meat crumbles in a skillet. Add canned tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and chili powder for flavor. Place some of the filling in warm tortillas, roll them up, top with more enchilada sauce and cheese, and bake until golden brown.