1. Opportunity to connect with local growers and producers.
2. Access to fresh, healthy, and locally-sourced foods for the community.
3. Increase in foot traffic in your area can lead to increased local business activity.
4. Ability to support local farmers and help create a sustainable community food system.
5. Potential for additional revenue and profits from the sale of locally-sourced produce, meats and other products.
1. Significant startup costs for equipment and supplies.
2. Risk of inclement weather or poor turnout impacting profits.
3. Limited customer base of local shoppers.
4. Difficulty in reaching out to and working with local farmers, producers and vendors.
5. Additional time and energy needed for managing the market on an ongoing basis.