– Low start-up costs – With only the cost of inventory, necessary tools and perhaps a website, starting a successful resale business can be relatively inexpensive.
– Flexible hours – A resale business is perfect for entrepreneurs who need or want to work around family, a full-time job or other commitments.
– Potential to make good money – If you’re well-organized and have an eye for trends, the potential to make a healthy profit is there.
– High competition – A resale business can be very competitive in certain areas of the country, depending on how saturated the market is.
– Limited margin for profit – Due to the low cost of resale items, there’s limited room to increase profits. You can only markup an item so much before it doesn’t make sense to purchase from you.
– Difficulty sourcing inventory – If you don’t have a reliable source of inventory, it could be difficult to keep your business up and running.
– Legal issues – Reselling items may come with legal complications if you don’t take the necessary steps to protect yourself from copyright infringement or other issues.