1. Building relationships with clients – One of the great joys of owning your own remodeling business is getting to know all your clients, building relationships with them, and being part of the process that helps make their homes better.
2. Being creative and inventive – Every remodeling job offers the opportunity for you to express your creativity, inventiveness and ingenuity in new ways. You can offer advice and suggestions to clients on how to make their homes more beautiful or functional.
3. Financial rewards – With the right combination of skill, experience, a good business plan and hard work, owning a remodeling business can be lucrative.
1. Overwhelming workload – Owning your own remodeling business can be an all-encompassing job, requiring long hours to make sure everything is running smoothly and that clients are satisfied with their results.
2. Constant competition – There will always be other remodeling businesses that are competing for your clients and it can be difficult to stay on top of the competition.
3. Financial risk – Any business carries a certain amount of financial risk, but when you own your own remodeling business, that risk increases as you invest more money in materials, labor, equipment and overhead costs.