1. Low startup costs – A berry picking farm does not require much capital to start up, making it an attractive option for budding entrepreneurs.
2. Low maintenance – Berries require minimal upkeep and can easily be harvested with little effort on the part of the farmer.
3. High demand – Berries are popular throughout the world, making them a reliable option for those looking to make money from their farming endeavors.
4. Healthy crop – Berries are highly nutritious and provide a variety of health benefits when eaten in moderation.
1. Labor intensive – Harvesting and sorting berries is a labor-intensive process, requiring careful attention to detail.
2. Low yields – Berries have a relatively short growing season, meaning the yields are often low compared to other types of crops.
3. Weather dependant – Most berry crops will not survive long periods of cold or inclement weather and must be protected from the elements.
4. Pest control – Berries are susceptible to pests, making pest control an essential part of berry farming.
5. Price fluctuations – The price of berries can fluctuate wildly, making it difficult to predict how much profit you will make in any given season.