– Low Startup Costs – Unlike other business models, you don’t need to invest in expensive equipment or technology to start your own bicycle delivery business. All you really need is a relatively good bike and some basic safety gear.
– Profitable – With the ever-increasing demand for quick deliveries and short turnaround times, bicycle delivery businesses can be highly profitable.
– Eco-Friendly – Bicycle delivery is a much more eco-friendly option than using cars or vans to deliver goods, making it an attractive choice for customers looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
– Limited Capacity – While bicycles can be a great way to deliver goods, they do have limited capacity. You won’t be able to carry as much with you on your bike as you could in a van or truck.
– Weather Dependent – Bicycle delivery is highly weather dependent and can be dangerous when it is raining or snowing. You will have to be able to stay safe in bad weather conditions or limit your service area during those times.
– Physical Strain – Cycling can be physically demanding, so you will need to make sure that you are fit enough to handle the riding and deliveries.