– Low start-up cost. Starting a sunglasses store requires relatively little capital compared to other retail businesses.
– Sales potential. Consumers in all age groups can use and enjoy sunglasses, so the customer base is wide and varied.
– Easy to maintain. Stocking a variety of sunglasses may require some effort, but otherwise the maintenance of a sunglasses store is fairly straightforward.
– Low profit margins. Although it can have potential for high sales, the profit margin on each pair of sunglasses is relatively low compared to other retail items.
– Stiff competition. Any market for sunglasses will likely have a lot of competition, making it difficult to stand out from the crowd and attract customers.
– Seasonal demand. Demand for sunglasses is high in certain seasons but can drop off significantly during other times of the year. Keeping inventory levels high enough to meet peak demand can be difficult.