Daylily, or Hemerocallis fulva, is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different dishes. Here are five recipes featuring daylily as the main ingredient.
1. Daylily Fried Rice: This classic Chinese dish is made using freshly cooked white rice, daylily buds, green onion and a variety of seasonings. The daylily buds are stir-fried with the other ingredients until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
2. Daylily Soup: This hearty soup is made with chicken broth, daylily buds, garlic and onion. The daylilies are boiled until tender before being simmered with the other ingredients to develop a full-bodied flavor.
3. Daylily Stir-Fry: This quick and easy meal is made using freshly sautéed vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms and daylily buds. The vegetables are cooked in a hot wok with garlic, ginger and soy sauce for added flavor.
4. Daylily Salad: This refreshing salad is made using boiled daylily buds, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and cilantro tossed together with a light sesame oil and vinegar dressing.
5. Daylily Tempura: For a delicious appetizer, try daylily buds battered and deep-fried until crispy golden brown. Serve with a side of soy sauce for dipping.