– Selling records is a great way to make money from something that you love. Many people find joy in collecting and selling rare or hard-to-find titles.
– It can provide great customer service, as many customers come back when they are looking for a particular title.
– It can also provide an opportunity to network with other record store owners and build relationships with suppliers.
– Starting up a record store can be expensive, as it requires renting or buying space, purchasing inventory, and obtaining licenses and permits.
– The market for physical records is shrinking, and sales can be unpredictable.
– There is fierce competition from online retailers, who may offer better prices or selection than you can provide.
– It can also require a great deal of time and effort to stay on top of the latest trends in music and keep up with what is popular.