1. Chiles Rellenos de Flor de Calabaza: This is a traditional Mexican dish that consists of large, mild chiles filled with cheese and fried calabaza flower. It’s then topped with a tomato-based sauce and served with rice.
2. Ensalada de Calabaza: This colorful dish is an excellent way to make the most of calabaza flower’s delicate flavor. It contains diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cilantro mixed together with cooked calabaza flower and topped off with a light vinaigrette dressing.
3. Tamales de Flor de Calabaza: This savory treat is made with masa dough, stuffed with calabaza flower and covered in an aromatic herb sauce. It’s then wrapped tightly in a banana leaf and steamed until the flavors meld together perfectly.
4. Tacos de Calabaza: Tortillas are filled with sautéed calabaza flower, onions, garlic and spices and then fried until crispy. It’s served with a variety of salsas ranging from mild to spicy for a unique experience every time.
5. Crepas de Calabaza: This sweet treat is made with a simple crepe batter filled with a combination of calabaza flower and cocoa. The crepes are then topped with honey, cinnamon sugar and a dollop of sweetened cream cheese for an unforgettable dessert.