Tuna dishes can be found in many different cultures and countries around the world. Here are five delicious dishes, where tuna is the main ingredient:
1. Tuna Casserole – This classic dish combines cooked egg noodles with a creamy sauce of mushrooms, onion, celery, green peppers, grated cheese and canned tuna.
2. Tuna Noodle Salad – This easy salad combines cooked egg noodles, celery, onion, and canned tuna with a creamy mayonnaise-based dressing.
3. Tuna Melts – Toasted English muffins are topped with canned tuna mixed with pickles and mayonnaise, and melted cheese.
4. Tuna Burgers – Ground canned tuna is mixed with bread crumbs, garlic, onion, and herbs to make a patty for these delicious burgers.
5. Tuna Poke Bowls – Raw ahi (tuna) is marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger to create this Hawaiian-style poke bowl. Served over a bed of rice and topped with seaweed, avocado, and other fresh ingredients.