Siling haba, also known as chili pepper or green finger chili, is a small but mighty ingredient with a huge range of flavors and textures. It’s perfect for adding a kick to dishes from all over the world – here are five examples of dishes where siling haba is the star of the show.
1. Filipino Sisig: This sizzling dish combines chopped pork, onions, and siling haba to create a flavorful appetizer with a kick. It’s perfect served with rice or as part of an entrée.
2. Thai Green Curry: A staple of Thai cuisine, this dish features a blend of spices, coconut milk, and siling haba for an aromatic combination that’s sure to tantalize the taste buds.
3. Chinese Mapo Tofu: This classic Szechuan dish is made with soft tofu and ground pork in a spicy sauce featuring siling haba and other seasonings.
4. Mexican Chilaquiles: In this traditional breakfast dish, fried tortillas are combined with a tomato and siling haba sauce for a flavor combination that’s both smoky and spicy.
5. Indian Kadai Paneer Masala: This North Indian favorite is made with paneer and an array of spices, including siling haba. It’s cooked in a kadai – or wok – to create a rich and flavorful dish.