Artichoke is a delicious, versatile vegetable that can be used to make a variety of dishes. Here are five dishes where artichoke takes center stage as the main ingredient:
1. Artichoke and Spinach Dip: This creamy dip is full of flavor with a mix of spinach, artichoke, sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Serve it warm with chips or crudité for a delicious appetizer.
2. Artichoke Risotto: This creamy Italian risotto is studded with artichokes and flavoured with white wine, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley for an impressive but easy dinner.
3. Artichoke Pesto Pasta: Add freshness to your next pasta dish by making artichoke pesto. Toss cooked pasta with artichokes, olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and garlic for a delicious and easy meal.
4. Grilled Artichoke: This classic Mediterranean dish is simple to make and wonderfully flavorful. Marinate artichoke hearts in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and herbs then place on the grill until they are lightly charred. Serve with a sprinkle of sea salt for an amazing side dish.
5. Artichoke and Shrimp Paella: This traditional Spanish dish is hearty and full of flavor from shrimp, artichokes, saffron, onion, garlic, white wine and tomato. Serve this paella with a squeeze of lemon for an impressive yet easy dinner.