1. Pumpkin Flower Soup – A comforting, warm soup made with fresh pumpkin flowers blended with a variety of vegetables including carrots and potatoes. Finished off with a drizzle of cream and freshly ground pepper for extra flavour.
2. Stuffed Pumpkin Flowers – A classic Italian dish of stuffed pumpkin flowers filled with ricotta cheese and herbs, fried until golden in olive oil. An indulgent treat that is sure to impress.
3. Pumpkin Flower Fritters – A delightful snack made with lightly battered pumpkin flowers and deep-fried until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The perfect accompaniment for a cold beer.
4. Pumpkin Flower Risotto – A creamy risotto with pumpkin flowers, parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs. It’s hearty enough to be served as an entrée or can also be used as a side dish.
5. Roasted Pumpkin Flowers – An easy dish made with fresh pumpkin flowers seasoned with olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. Roast in a hot oven until tender and serve as a side or top off salads for an extra crunch.