– Flexible hours that can be scheduled around other commitments.
– The ability to make a great income while enjoying the process of helping others de-clutter their homes.
– There is potential for growth in terms of marketing, networking, and expanding services.
– The ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
– Estate sales tend to be very profitable, often making more than other types of businesses.
– Time consuming process of organizing and setting up the sale.
– You need to have a good eye for antiques and collectibles to maximize profits.
– Must be comfortable interacting with customers as well as estate owners.
– Must have the ability to market yourself in order to reach potential clients.
– Can be difficult to find and secure locations for the sale if you don’t already have a relationship with a space provider.
– You will need to obtain a business license and comply with all local, state, and federal regulations.
– There is potential for high overhead costs if you hire help or rent space from vendors.