1. You can make a good living working as a makeup artist. The average salary for a makeup artist in the U.S. is $45,000 per year, with some earning up to six figures.
2. There are many different job opportunities available in this field, from bridal makeup artists to film and television artists.
3. You have the potential to collaborate with other professionals in the beauty industry, such as hairstylists and fashion designers.
4. Work hours are often flexible and you get to work with a variety of clients.
5. You gain firsthand experience with the latest beauty trends and products.
1. It can be difficult to break into the industry as a new makeup artist, due to the competitive nature of the field.
2. A lot of time is spent on marketing and networking in order to secure clients.
3. There are many overhead costs associated with running a business, such as taxes, insurance and supplies.
4. You may have to invest in additional schooling or training in order to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques.
5. Working long hours can be exhausting, especially when you’re on your feet all day.
6. You may not be able to take on as many clients as you would like due to limited availability.
7. It can be difficult to maintain a steady income, since makeup artists are often paid per job or commission.