Starting a cabinet making business can be both an exciting and daunting prospect. If you have the necessary skills, tools and experience it can be rewarding to create high-quality cabinets for clients. However, there are a few things to consider before taking the plunge. Here are some of the pros and cons of starting a cabinet making business.
• You can be your own boss, setting your hours and managing the business according to your own rules.
• You will have an opportunity to express creativity in woodworking.
• With high-quality cabinets, you could generate steady income from sales or commissions.
• You have the potential to network with clients and other cabinet makers for mutual success.
• You will need initial start-up capital to purchase tools and materials, as well as rent space if necessary.
• There may be stiff competition from other cabinet makers in the area.
• You’ll likely take on a great deal of responsibility, from managing financial and personnel matters to marketing your services and building cabinets.
• You may experience seasonal fluctuations in the demand for your services.