1. Research regulations and permits needed to do business in your state or local area.
2. Select a location for the headstone business.
3. Purchase necessary equipment and supplies, such as large stones, tools, etc.
4. Develop a catalog of design options for customers.
5. Hire experienced staff to assist with operations, including a salesperson, designer, and installer.
6. Develop a pricing structure for services and products offered by the headstone business.
7. Advertise your services in local publications and online platforms such as social media or websites.
8. Set up a website for customers to view product offerings and place orders.
9. Connect with local funeral homes, crematoriums, and florists to increase customer base.
10. Develop relationships with vendors that supply materials needed for headstones or related services such as engraving or etching.