1. Develop Your Professional Network: Invest time in building relationships with people who can help you develop your business such as potential clients, recruiters, and other professionals in the industry.
2. Establish Your Credibility: Make sure to have a strong presence and reputation in the industry by creating an online portfolio that showcases your expertise, networking with other headhunters, and building up a positive reputation.
3. Research Prospective Clients: Research potential clients to determine their hiring needs, preferences, and challenges they are facing.
4. Make Contact with Clients: Contact potential clients and start building relationships with them.
5. Develop Your Fee Structure: Establish a fee structure that matches your services and the value you offer to clients.
6. Determine Your Recruiting Resources: Decide which recruiting resources such as job boards, online databases, and social media accounts you will use for sourcing candidates.
7. Identify and Source Candidates: Develop a process for identifying and sourcing qualified candidates for open positions.
8. Screen Candidates: Create an efficient screening process that helps you quickly identify the most qualified candidate to present to the client.
9. Negotiate Salaries and Benefits: Negotiate salaries and benefits packages on behalf of the client.
10. Finalize Offers: Finalize offers with candidates, ensuring that all paperwork is in order before making job offers.
11. Follow Up After Placements: Keep in touch with clients and placed candidates to ensure satisfaction and maintain relationships for future business opportunities.