1. Create a Loyalty Program – A loyalty program is one of the most effective ways to keep customers engaged and coming back for more. Offer points or rewards for regular customers and discounts on certain items. This will encourage shoppers to build a relationship with your store, and will also help you track customer purchases.
2. Develop a Social Media Presence – To engage customers, set up accounts on the major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) and use them to promote your store. Post photos of new products, share recipes or food-related stories, or even host competitions to get people interacting with your store.
3. Utilize Local Events – Attend local events such as farmer’s markets, cooking classes or food festivals to promote your products. This is a great way to get your products in front of potential customers and start building relationships with the local community.
4. Start an Online Store – With an online store, you can reach a wider audience and make it easier for customers to purchase your products. Develop an attractive website or use e-commerce platforms like Shopify to create an online shop.
5. Offer Information – By providing helpful information about international foods, such as recipes, cooking tips and product information, you can build trust with customers and encourage repeat purchases. This content can be shared on your website, in-store or via social media.