– There is significant demand for print services, especially since the advent of digital printing technology.
– Low start-up costs; one only needs to invest in some basic computer hardware, software and a printer.
– With an online presence and the right marketing strategies, a print shop can reach customers all over the world.
– Low overhead costs; most of the cost involved in running a print shop is for materials, not rent or staff.
– The market is highly competitive; many other print shops are vying for business from the same target audience.
– Even with digital printing, the cost of materials can be expensive.
– Despite being able to reach people all over the world, most print shops still rely on local customers for a majority of their business.
– Print shops must also stay up to date with technology in order to keep up with customer demands and remain competitive.
– The margins can be slim since print services are generally priced relatively low.
– There is also a high risk of injury associated with operating the machinery used in a print shop.
– It can be difficult to stay informed about new trends in the industry and changes in customer preferences.