1. Mediterranean Fattoush Salad: This salad is a delicious combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, parsley and mint with olive oil-doused toasted pita chips on top. The star of the dish is the generous amount of olives that are added, a source of monounsaturated fats and essential minerals.
2. Greek Spinach Pie: This dish is a delicious combination of spinach, feta cheese and black olives that are baked in a buttery phyllo pastry shell. A great source of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals with the addition of healthy olive oil for flavor.
3. Spanish Tortilla: This tortilla is a classic dish that combines potato, onion, eggs and black olives in an omelette-like dish that is served either hot or cold. Olives provide healthy fats as well as adding a unique taste to the dish.
4. Moroccan Tagine: A classic tagine is full of flavor and it’s easy to make. Start with a base of garlic, ginger and onions followed by adding your choice of meat or vegetables such as carrots, potatoes and zucchini. Finish with a generous amount of black olives for added flavor.
5. Italian Penne Pasta: Nothing beats a classic penne pasta dish. Start with garlic, onion and your favorite type of tomato sauce. Add in some diced zucchini and mushrooms for texture, then finish the dish off with some black olives for an added layer of flavor.