1. Elote: This Mexican dish is a grilled corn-on-the-cob, slathered with mayonnaise, manchego cheese, chile powder and a squeeze of lime juice. It’s simple but incredibly flavorful!
2. Corn Fritters: This traditional Southern-style meal is a great way to use up extra corn. Mix corn kernels, flour, an egg and seasonings together, then fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Serve with anything from ranch dressing to honey mustard sauce.
3. Mexican Cornbread: A classic dish with a Mexican twist! Make this cornbread by combining maize flour, butter, eggs, milk and other seasonings. Bake until golden brown and serve with honey butter for a delicious treat.
4. Esquites: A popular street food in Mexico made from boiled corn kernels, mayonnaise and cheese. Add chili powder, lime juice and cilantro for extra flavor. Serve in a cup or bowl with tortilla chips or crackers.
5. Corn Chowder: A thick and creamy soup made from corn kernels, potatoes, onion and garlic simmered in a flavorful broth. Add bacon for some smoky flavor, top with cheese and serve with crusty bread.