1. Menudo: This traditional Mexican dish is made with cow’s tripe boiled in a savory broth of red chiles, tomatoes, onions and garlic. It’s usually served with corn tortillas and lime wedges for an added flavor boost!
2. Tripas à Moda do Porto: This Portuguese stew is a hearty mix of tripe, vegetables and chorizo sausage simmered in white wine. It’s typically served with boiled potatoes or rice.
3. Tripe à la mode de Caen: This French dish consists of cow’s tripe that has been slow-cooked in a spicy cream sauce and served with either mashed potatoes or toasted bread.
4. Trippa alla Romana: This Italian dish is a classic Roman recipe that features tripe cooked in a tomato-based sauce with garlic and onions, and topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Tripes à la Bière: This Belgian specialty combines tripe with beer, onions and spices. The tripe is cooked until tender, then topped with a creamy beer sauce and served over mashed potatoes!