1. Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Pizza – Start by sautéing diced sweet Italian sausage, then add in chopped rapini, garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Layer it onto a pre-made pizza crust with mozzarella cheese and bake until bubbly.
2. Rapini Fritters – Take shredded rapini and mix with a bit of garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and beaten egg then shape into patties. Fry in a pan with oil over medium-high heat until golden brown on each side.
3. Grilled Rapini – Toss washed rapini with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper then spread onto a greased baking sheet. Grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the rapini is tender.
4. Spaghetti with Broccoli Rabe – Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Sauté garlic and diced onion in a pan, then add rapini and cook until tender. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan along with some reserved pasta water and Parmesan cheese.
5. Broccoli Rabe Pesto – Combine blanched rapini, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Serve over pasta or spread on a slice of toasted bread.