1. Green Chile Enchiladas: This classic dish is made with corn tortillas stuffed with cheese and topped with a green chile sauce. The robust chili peppers add smoky, spicy flavor to the creamy cheese and tomatoes.
2. Chile Relleno Casserole: This comforting dish features roasted poblano peppers filled with cheese and topped with a cheesy, creamy tomato sauce. The chilies add an earthy heat and smoky flavor to the overall casserole.
3. Chile Verde: A spicy pork stew made with New Mexico green chiles, tomatoes, onions and spices. This hearty dish is great served with warm tortillas or over a bed of rice.
4. Frito Pie: A layer of crunchy corn chips piled high with green chile chili, cheese and other savory toppings make up this classic Tex-Mex dish that originated in New Mexico.
5. Chile-Lime Grilled Chicken: Marinate chicken in a mixture of lime juice, cilantro and New Mexico chiles for a flavor-packed grilled dish. The smoky chilies add an unbeatable zesty punch to the juicy chicken.