• Offers a unique product line. Vintage maps offer customers something special that they might not find in other stores.
• Sustainability. Many vintage maps are printed on high-quality paper, which is a more sustainable choice than modern synthetic materials used in most modern maps.
• Can be profitable. If the store is well-stocked with a variety of vintage maps, it can draw customers from all over looking for specific items or just browsing for something interesting to add to their collection.
• Difficult to find quality vintage maps. Since many are old and have been handled with care over the years, it can be difficult to find quality items.
• Can be expensive. Depending on the age and condition of the map, prices for vintage maps can range from a few dollars up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
• Limited appeal. While some people may find vintage maps interesting, the appeal may be too niche for most customers.
• High overhead costs. Vintage maps are delicate items and must be stored in a secure and temperature-controlled environment to ensure that they remain in good condition. This can add significantly to store overhead costs.