1. You can create a steady income stream.
2. You have the potential to offer high-value, organic produce to local markets or consumers.
3. An orchard can be a great source of pride for you and your family.
4. It can be a great way to bring people together in your community and foster a sense of belonging.
5. You will have access to fresh fruit for yourself and your family.
1. Establishing an orchard is costly and requires having the right resources at the right time.
2. The success of your orchard is dependent on the weather, so there will always be a risk for poor crop yield.
3. It takes time and effort to properly manage and care for an orchard as pests, disease, and damage can occur quickly if not properly managed.
4. You may need to purchase land or rent it, which can be expensive.
5. You may need to hire workers to help with the harvesting, pruning, and other tasks related to running an orchard.