• Can provide a unique, memorable experience to customers.
• Can reach areas inaccessible by other forms of transportation.
• Increased flexibility in the type of tours offered such as sightseeing, aerial photography, adventure, etc.
• Opportunity to build relationships with customers and establish a loyal customer base.
• Can be lucrative if done correctly.
• Expensive to start up – requires helicopters, fuel, maintenance, training etc.
• Highly regulated industry in terms of safety and insurance requirements.
• Requires extensive specialized knowledge – must understand how to safely and legally operate helicopters.
• Can be difficult to obtain qualified staff – pilots, mechanics etc.
• Seasonal business – can be affected by weather conditions or other external factors.
• Can be difficult to market and promote such a specialized service.