1. Environmentally conscious guests will appreciate the commitment to sustainability.
2. The business can qualify for government incentives, grants or tax credits designed to encourage green initiatives.
3. Utilizing renewable energy sources such as solar panels, wind turbines or other green energy sources can help to reduce overhead costs.
4. An eco-friendly B&B will draw the attention of environmentally conscious media outlets who may bring more customers and visibility to the business.
1. Investing in a green infrastructure can be costly upfront, but there are often incentives available to offset the expense.
2. It can be difficult to find sustainable, local suppliers or vendors that meet environmental standards.
3. Operating an eco-friendly B&B requires dedication and a commitment to continual improvement of green practices as technology advances.
4. It may take some time for guests to become aware of the business’s commitment to sustainability, and it may take longer for the business to become profitable.