– High Margins – Most gelato vendors enjoy high margins because of the low cost of ingredients. This means that you can make more money from selling each individual serving.
– Low Overhead – Most gelato businesses require little overhead to set up and maintain. For example, you don’t need to rent a lot of space or hire many employees.
– Popularity – Gelato has become increasingly popular over the past few years, so there is a good chance that your business will be successful if you can get the word out and make it attractive to customers.
– Seasonality – Gelato typically does not fare well during the winter months. This can be an issue for businesses that do not have access to indoor seating or a loyal customer base.
– Competition – As gelato has become increasingly popular, more vendors are popping up around the country. This means that you may need to differentiate yourself from the competition in order to stand out and succeed.
– Cost of Ingredients – While gelato may have high margins, the cost of ingredients can be expensive depending on where you source them from. This means that you will need to find ways to reduce costs in order to maximize profits.