1. Research the market – Understand the competitive landscape, pricing models and demand for your services.
2. Set up a workspace – Choose what type of work environment fits your needs best; home office, shared space or a traditional office.
3. Define goals and objectives – Establish your business plan and develop goals for long-term success.
4. Consider legal requirements – Understand the local laws in your area, such as permits that you may need to operate a graphic design business.
5. Develop a portfolio – Design and showcase samples of your work on websites or printed materials to help attract clients.
6. Select a pricing model – Decide whether you will charge per project or offer an hourly rate.
7. Set up a website – Create a professional website to showcase your portfolio and services.
8. Market yourself – Utilize online marketing tools, social media platforms and other resources to get the word out about your business.
9. Network – Attend events and make connections with other professionals in the industry.
10. Establish client relationships – Communicate regularly, deliver services on time and exceed expectations to create a successful long-term business relationship.