1. Research the industry: Before starting a glass blowing business, research and understand both the local market as well as demand from other regions and countries. Ask questions to competitors and experts in the same field to gain some knowledge about pricing, materials needed, popular designs, customer demands etc.
2. Create a Business Plan: A business plan is a roadmap for success. It should include details about the business structure and operations, marketing, pricing and inventory management strategies, financial planning etc.
3. Secure Funding: Depending on the size of your glass blowing business, you may need to secure funding from banks or investors in order to purchase equipment and materials, hire staff, etc.
4. Find the Right Location: Look for a location that is easily accessible by customers or clients and provides room for your glass blowing business to grow.
5. Acquire Equipment: Depending on the type of glass blowing you are planning to do and the size of your business, the equipment that you need can vary. Equip your space accordingly and make sure it is up to safety standards.
6. Market Your Business: Develop a strong brand presence through marketing strategies such as SEO, email campaigns, social media channels etc. to reach potential customers or clients.
7. Obtain Necessary Licenses & Permits: Depending on your location, you may need to obtain certain business licenses and permits in order to legally operate.
8. Develop a Process & Train Staff: Create an efficient process for glass blowing and make sure that all staff members are trained properly.
9. Monitor Progress & Tweak Strategies: Track the progress of your business regularly and make changes as needed.