1. Brainstorm Ideas – Develop an idea to create a unique ghost tour experience.
2. Create a Business Plan – Outline the target audience, competition and financials to establish clear goals and objectives.
3. Set Up Finances – Determine how much money is needed to get started and decide how much capital you will need from outside sources.
4. Find Partners – Identify potential partners in the community who are willing to support your business idea.
5. Secure a Location – Determine the best place for conducting ghost tours; this could be indoors, outdoors or both.
6. Establish Tour Routes – Map out the different tour stops and plan for any scenarios that may occur during the tour.
7. Acquire Necessary Permits – Apply for any required permits or licenses to legally operate a ghost-tour business.
8. Purchase Equipment – Invest in necessary items such as flashlights, audio equipment and costumes that will help create an immersive experience.
9. Promote Your Business – Utilize social media and other marketing tools to spread the word about your business.
10. Create An Online Presence – Develop a website to showcase your tours and allow customers to purchase tickets online.