1. Research the market and decide which formal wear items to rent out.
2. Develop a business plan, including details on pricing, marketing strategies, and other operational information.
3. Obtain licenses and permits necessary to open a rental business in your area.
4. Secure a location for your store, either by renting or purchasing space.
5. Create an inventory system to keep track of items rented and returned.
6. Purchase clothing racks, hangers, and other necessary equipment for displaying the formal wear items.
7. Investigate different payment options for customers, such as credit card processing or accepting cash.
8. Establish a website and other online marketing platforms to advertise your business.
9. Create policies and procedures for your customers, such as late fees or deposit requirements.
10. Hire staff to help manage the store operations and customer service needs.
11. Market the business to local schools, businesses, and other organizations that may need formal wear for special occasions.
12. Develop relationships with wholesalers or vendors to ensure a continuous supply of formal wear items for your inventory.
13. Establish customer loyalty programs and discounts to help increase repeat business.
14. Offer additional services, such as alterations or cleaning of garments after they are returned.
15. Regularly review your business goals and adjust accordingly to ensure success.