Imagine being able to travel wherever you want, whenever you want. It’s a dream for many people, but the cost of hotels can often prevent that from happening. However, there are many ways to save money on hotels and make your travel dreams a reality. Check out these 20+ tips to get started!
1. Book in advance whenever possible. Many hotels offer special discounts or rates for those who book their rooms well in advance.
2. Join a hotel loyalty program. If you often stay at hotels, it can pay to join their loyalty program. You may receive special discounts and perks, such as free nights or upgrades.
3. Look for package deals. You can often save money by booking your hotel, airfare, and other travel arrangements together as a package deal.
4. Consider alternative accommodations. There are many other types of accommodations besides hotels that can save you money, including vacation rentals, hostels, and bed-and-breakfasts.
5. Shop around for the best rates. Don’t just book your hotel based on price alone. Make sure to compare rates across a variety of sites, as hotel prices can vary depending on where you book.
6. Consider alternative locations. If you’re traveling within your city or town, consider staying in a nearby neighborhood that may be more affordable and offer more amenities than the downtown area.
7. Check for discounts. Many hotels offer special discounts on their websites or through third-party travel sites, such as Hotels.com or Expedia. Be sure to check these regularly, as they may change often.
8. Look for freebies. Many hotels offer free perks like breakfast, Wi-Fi, and late checkout that can save you money in the long run.
9. Avoid peak travel times. If you can, try to avoid traveling during popular vacation seasons like summer or the holidays, as hotel rates tend to be higher during these times.
10. Negotiate a better rate. If you’re booking your room last-minute or are a frequent traveler who is loyal to a specific hotel chain, don’t be afraid to try negotiating for a better rate. You may be surprised at how willing hotels are to work with you.
11. Consider alternative forms of transportation. If possible, save money by skipping the costly cab fare and taking public transportation or rideshares instead.
12. Look for coupons or promo codes. If you’re booking online, be sure to search for coupon codes that can save you money on your total order.
13. Ask about AAA discounts. If you or a family member has a AAA membership, be sure to ask about any hotel discounts that may be available to you.
14. Check for government rates. If you’re a government employee or traveling on official business, be sure to ask about government-negotiated rates at hotels.
15. Stay mid-week. Hotels are often cheaper during the week than on weekends, so consider staying Sunday through Thursday instead of Friday and Saturday.
16. Take advantage of rewards points. If you frequently stay at hotels, consider using rewards points from your credit card issuer or a travel site like Orbitz or Expedia. You may be able to save on your total bill or get free nights.
17. Use a rewards program. Many hotel chains offer their own rewards programs that can save you money on future stays.
18. Pay with cash. Some hotels will offer a discount if you pay for your room in cash instead of using a credit card.
19. Join the military. Active-duty military members and their families can often save money on hotel rooms through special rates and discounts.
20. Ask about group rates. If you’re traveling with a group, be sure to ask about any special rates or discounts that may be available. You may be able to save a significant amount of money.
21. Use a hotel rewards credit card. If you frequently stay in hotels, using a credit card that offers rewards points can save you a significant amount of money. many hotel rewards cards offer perks such as free nights and upgrades, which can save you hundreds of dollars over the course of a year.
22. Join a loyalty program. Many hotels offer loyalty programs that provide discounts and perks to frequent guests. If you stay in a particular hotel chain often, it can save you money to join their loyalty program.
23. Look for online deals. There are many websites that offer exclusive deals on hotel rooms. By taking the time to search for deals, you can often find rooms that are much cheaper than what you would normally pay.
24. Book early. If you can, try to book your hotel room as far in advance as possible. Many hotels offer discounts for those who book well in advance, so taking the time to plan ahead can save you money on your stay.
25. Consider alternative accommodations. If you’re open to staying in a different type of accommodation, there are often cheaper options available such as hostels or Airbnb. Staying in a less traditional setting can save you money while still providing a comfortable place to sleep at night.
So there you have it, over 20 ways to save money on hotels and make your travel dreams a reality. From using online resources to negotiating on-site, we’ve got all the tips and tricks you need to score a great deal on your next hotel stay. What are you waiting for? Start planning your dream vacation today!