• Low start-up cost – Compared to other businesses, the cost of starting up a portrait photography business is relatively low.
• You can be creative – A portrait photography business offers you the opportunity to use your creativity in taking pictures and choosing the right settings to capture your clients’ special moments.
• Flexible working hours – You can be flexible with your schedule, as long as you are able to meet the needs of your clients.
• Potential for high earnings – With a good portfolio and great client service you can earn a sizable income in portrait photography.
• You may need to invest in equipment – You’ll need to buy or rent high-quality camera and lighting equipment which can be quite expensive.
• Long hours – Photoshoots often require long hours, depending on the needs of your clients.
• Limited customer base – It may take time to build up your portfolio and customer base, especially if you don’t have any prior experience in photography.
• High competition – There is a lot of competition in the portrait photography business, so it may be difficult to stand out from the crowd.