Broccoli is a nutrient-packed vegetable that can be used to make delicious and healthy dishes. Here are five meals where broccoli is the star of the dish:
1. Broccoli Stir Fry: This easy stir fry combines tender broccoli florets with crisp bell peppers and sweet onions. Serve with a side of white or brown rice, and toss in some soy sauce for extra flavor.
2. Spicy Broccoli Soup: This hearty soup is full of spicy flavor thanks to its combination of chili paste, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Add some cooked diced potatoes if desired for an extra creamy texture.
3. Roasted Broccoli: Get the most out of your veggies by roasting them in the oven! Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, diced garlic, and seasonings like black pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes for a simple side dish that will pair great with any main course.
4. Broccoli and Cheese Quesadillas: Quesadillas aren’t just for Mexican takeout – they are also great with a side of broccoli! Stuff flour tortillas with shredded cheese, cooked broccoli florets, and diced bell peppers for an easy weeknight meal.
5. Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad: Perfect for a light lunch or side dish, this salad is full of bright flavors. Mix cooked broccoli florets with cauliflower, carrots, and onions in a large bowl. Top with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing for an extra boost of flavor.